Monday 26 February 2007

Future Proofing

Another week goes by without much progress. No change there, I hear you say, but we did have a friend Anna come to stay for a few days, and so we tried to keep her entertained. We went walking most days she was here, and one went to Mont Dore for lunch one day, after we saw that they had some snow there. Mont Dore is about 2 and a half hours away, and is the highest peak in the Massif Centrale. The snow has been poor this year, like most of Europe, but is is still nice to visit.



Henry, our kitten disgraced himself when Anna was here. One evening, we could hear a lot of banging coming from Anna's room, and I said, joking, "If you go up there and find your underwear all over the room, it's not me, it's the cat".

Ten minutes later, Anna went upstairs and found one of her bra's on the landing, and with a trail of underwear across the bedroom. We now have a panty raider in the house!

On the house front I have run the TV cables through to the new living room, which is where the idea of future proofing comes in. One TV cable just doesn't do it these days.

I have put in two cables for satellite, in case we ever get a system like SkyPlus, with another co-axial cable for ordinary French TV. French TV is going digital in the next few years, and there are a lot of companies offering TV via your telephone, so I also put in an extra telephone cable as well. I think we will also need a distribution box in the loft to network all of this together. I have seen a few Grand Designs where the houses have more cables than the IT department at the Banque de Cheval Noir where I used to work, but we're not going that mad. It will just be good to have the house wired up so that we can have music piped through the house, or so that I can drive Tina mad by watching Match of the Day in bed on a Sunday morning.

Back to repointing this morning, and I have knackered my shoulder digging out some concrete with my SDS drill, while Tina is now fearlessly going up and down the scaffold, finishing off the rest of the wall.

A bientot

No comments: