Monday 28 May 2007

HERE'S MOLEY




The little man in black is back!






We have had a few months with no incursions from our furry friends, but now he is well and truly back. I think he took advantage of the fact that I was distracted by the play offs to move in.






Since we have been over here permanently, I have kept an eye on any mole activity, clearing the hills away as soon as they appear, so that we can see where the mole is active. I have tried a number of different ways to get rid of him, mole traps, mole replant, smoke bombs and even bakers yeast ( expands in the moles stomach and ..... yuch!) but to no avail.











Finally I bought some Canadian poison. I'm not sure why the Canadians are such expert mole poisoners, I would have thought they have enough problems with bears, but there you go.


Applying the poison is a bit grizzly. You have to dig up worms from your garden. Then you have to cut both ends off of the worms, put all the bits in a jar with the poison, and shake it all around till the worms have a good coating. Now you have to try to find the mole runs, as this is more effective than sticking the poisoned worms under a mole hill. Drop some worms into the mole run, and hope for the best.


As you can see, there is a lot of bad karma in the whole poisoning process. Some much so, that I had to watch a couple of episodes of 'My Name Is Earl' to redress my karmic balance.


Check out the link below, to see what the hell I am on about.


http://www.nbc.com/My_Name_Is_Earl/about.shtml


The poison did the job, and we had a few months with no moles at all, until I foolishly boasted to my mate Pete that the moles had all gone. The very next day Moley was back.


I have tried to poison him again, this time using some shop bought worms, from Psycho Bunnies hunting and fishing emporium, but with no results. It seems that Moley likes his worms free range, none of this factory farming for him!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You want me to go after Charlie again ?

I miss those Agent Orange sunsets and the smell of napalm in the morning.

I will call me when I get back from the Congo. The usual fee applies