Wednesday 14 December 2011

En-Suite tout de suite ( part2 )

We were now ready to hand over to Mr H to do the plumbing. There are lots of skills that Tina and I have picked up over the last 5 years, but plumbing a bathroom isn't one of them.




We went for twin sinks, so we could see which of us makes the most mess ( me obviously).



I built up a wooden frame under the bath to support it, and covered it with chipboard ready to tile. This took ages, as I had to keep adjusting the levels, making sure the bath was level, that the u-bend was not too close to the ground and that the panels were deep enough for me to be able to tile on top.

I then tiled it, and fitted an inspection hatch for the u-bend, using some new magnetic clips. Unfortunately, the clips weren't strong enough, and the inspection hatch kept popping off every time you had a bath. This new-fangled invention has now been replaced with an old fashioned piano hinge and a hatch, which seems to work fine.




Here's one I prepared earlier.





With a few more finishing touches, we were ready to go.























No comments: